TourNative has the best local tips for traveling in Vietnam.
As the weather warms up, our team at Wanderable is dreaming about traveling to Vietnam. A country known for its beauty and energy, Vietnam offers travelers everything from peaceful beaches to bustling cities. With a country as unique and interesting as Vietnam, it pays to have some local insight. This is why we asked our friends at TourNative to share their best local tips for traveling in Vietnam.
TourNative is an innovative company allowing travelers to book authentic experiences with local guides. They have tons of experiences in Vietnam, which makes them the de facto experts, whether this is your first or tenth trip to Vietnam. Read their local tips for traveling in Vietnam, below.
1. Definitely try out the local cuisine in Vietnam: Bánh mì, coconut water, Pho, coffee – all these things are best savored in random restaurants and next to carts by the roads.
2. You may run into some minor scams if taking a taxi in Vietnam, especially if you hail a taxi driver who goes by the meter, so always arrange your transportation through reputable companies. Or if you’re up for a thrill, enjoy a motorbike tour.
3. The traffic in Vietnam is incredibly packed. In big cities like Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, cross roads with caution. Be confident: let cars avoid you, keep a consistent pace, and keep walking forward.
4. Do not drink the tap water. Sometimes it is fine and sometimes it is not, but it is always best to be safe and carry bottled water wherever you go.
5. Remember to pack mosquito repellent with you. It’ll be extremely useful if you end up exploring Vietnam’s countryside trails!
6. The Northern, Central, and Southern areas of Vietnam have completely different climate, so pack accordingly if you’re planning on traveling to many different areas of Vietnam.
Just like TourNative, Wanderable believes in enjoying authentic, memorable, and local experiences while traveling. Peek inside Wanderable’s top-rated curated experiences in Vietnam, to really bring your Vietnam trip to the next level.