Customizing your Wanderable registry with experiences that feel truly you can help your friends and family get excited for your trip, and help you focus on how you want to spend your time together on your honeymoon.
To help you get started in selecting your experiences, we are doing a blog series of themed registry ideas that cater to different types of couples. To start – food lovers!
The Foodie Couple
If you like to eat and drink your way through a destination, register for these food-oriented experiences to make memories that your palate will yearn for for years to come.
1. A culinary tour with a local guide. Whether it’s exploring the Mekong Delta’s labyrinth of floating markets or truffle hunting in rural France, registering for a culinary tour is a great way to learn about food and eat like the locals. If you are island bound, Hawaii Food Tours has earned top marks. Check out TripAdvisor for ideas on tours to sign up for in your honeymoon locale.
Suggested registry price: $40 per person and up
2. Cooking classes. Ever wanted to learn how to make a perfect Pad Thai or mouth-watering macaroons? Register for a cooking class for your honeymoon and master a signature dish to create together for years to come. Paris bound couples should check out internationally celebrated Cook’n with Class, while those heading South of the border can learn a mean tamales recipe at Can Cook in Cancun.
Suggested registry price: $70 per person and up
3. A winery or brewery tour. Toast your new life together and get a little tipsy sampling local wine or beer and learning about its production. Sud seekers in Hawaii should try Kona Brewing Co, while wine enthusiasts in Florence can taste Italy’s finest vino via the Italy and Wine Tour. Ship cases of your favorite finds home to enjoy upon your return.
Suggested registry price: $50 per person and up
4. Funds to shop with at the local farmers market. Practice your bargaining skills and buy fresh produce, fish, spices and snacks from local farmers right off the stands. Inquire to see if your hotel’s restaurant will whip up your findings for you. The grandiose La Boqueria (pictured above) is a must stop for newlyweds in Barcelona, while honeymooners staying in Napa can hop over to San Francisco’s Ferry Plaza Farmer’s Market.
Suggested registry price: $40
5. Your own Diners, Drive-ins and Dives experience. Now that the white dress is in storage and the wedding photos have been captured, indulge together at your destination’s signature greasy spoon or food truck. Key West couples can sample island favorite Sloppy Joe’s namesake sandwiches with “Sloppy-Ritas” to wash them down, while Hawaii visitors can swoon over food truck Camille’s on Wheels‘ signature spicy pork tacos.
Suggested registry price: $30
Do you have a theme idea of your own? We would love to hear it! Email email@example.com and it could featured on a blog post.