The Top Five: Indulge in an opulent Indonesian oasis (yachts included)
All Aboard: Alexa Private Cruises is the epitome of luxury travel
Let us begin by emphasizing this is no ordinary blog post– you’ve been warned: We’ve gone ahead and outlined the creme de la creme of cruise & spa getaways, a once in a lifetime experience that will redefine what travel means to you… and in a location you probably haven’t considered before: Indonesia.
Here are 5 reasons to honeymoon in Indonesia
1. Alexa Private Cruises: First of all, this earthy and majestic yacht is akin to something out of a Hemingway novel or maybe even Peter Pan. The magical feeling that fills the air is contagious from the moment you step on deck. Oh, and, did we mention, you’ll be the only guests? That’s right, it’s a private yacht for two that includes seafood barbeques, expert spa therapy and pro diving instructions at gorgeous points in Flores & Raja Ampat. Mmmm. What more could you ask for?!
2. You’ll get cultured: This archipelago in Southeast Asia is the second most biodiverse country in the world (narrowly beat by Brazil); it’s known for its rich history of Buddhist and Hindu Kingdoms, and has a reputation for being extremely kind. Also, the beaches are literally to die for. How could you ever resist this perfect honeymoon oasis?
3. Oazia Spa Villas: it is an oasis reminiscent of traveling to a different planet. Billowy fabrics catch the wind as you inhabit indoor/outdoor pods for various spa treatments offered from all over the world (sounds pretty incredible, am I right?!). With its three total villas, you will have complete privacy and freedom to get centered and one with the universe, and will leave with a newfound zen. #Namaste, Wanderers!
4. The Coffee: One local treat to look out for while in Indonesia, perhaps on par with the prestige of Alexa Cruises & Oazia Spa Villas, is Kopi lukas coffee. To make the coffee, the palm civet, a cat-sized mammal, is fed coffee berries. After the berries pass through its system, the action of the civet’s stomach enzymes gives the coffee an unrivaled richness of flavor without any of the usual bitterness. As a result, Kopi luwak is the world’s most expensive beverage, costing around $1,000 per pound. If not now, we ask, then when?
5. Alexa Private Cruises and Oazia Spa Villas is a marvelous, indulgent, all-inclusive voyage. It’s our ultimate ode to romance, and the most delicious way to explore the islands of Indonesia. This voyage is probably unlike any other trip you or anyone you know has taken or will take. But isn’t that what a honeymoon is supposed to be? Doesn’t love deserve that kind of nod? We think so. After all, what are we but a collection of our experiences…?